REGISTRATION FOR THE SENIORS PROGRAM IS OPEN
* Pay via credit card when you register online or by check payable to Lakewood Jr. Baseball P.O. Box 150534 Lakewood CO 80215. Registration is not complete until full payment is made.
* Registration Deadlines: June 1st 2013
What is the JCJBL Seniors Program
High school age teams composed of players who are not playing in the high school, but who nonetheless want to participate in organized play during the summer.
Who is eligible for the Seniors Program?
The Seniors Program is open to any person under the age of 18 on April 30 of this year. There is no minimum age; however, teams will be made up predominantly of 14 to 18-year-old players. If you have played on a Lakewood Junior Baseball team within the last two years, no birth certificate will be required. If not, a copy of your state birth certificate will be mandatory.
What are the fees for the program?
The fees for this program are $200. There are no scholarships available in the Seniors Program.
Where will the games be played?
Home games will be played at the Morse Park #1 baseball field, at 20th and Carr St. Away games will be played at other Jefferson County Junior Baseball League home fields (Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Bear Creek, Green Mtn. etc.)
What if I have a job or other summer activity?
The program is designed around teenagers who would like to play baseball but not devote their entire summer to playing baseball. We form teams of 13-15 players because it is sometimes difficult for youths of this age to make it to every game and have a summer job, vacations, or other responsibilities.
General Information and Key Dates
• The Seniors baseball season starts first week of June.
• The Seniors teams begin practice end of May, possibly earlier if team formation has been completed.
• The Seniors baseball season typically consists of 14 to 18 games over a two month period.
• Seniors jerseys and hats will be issued the first week of June.
• There are no tryouts.
• All Seniors teams will be formed shortly after teams are formed at the local High Schools.
• Regular season play concludes late July.
• End of season Championship tournament begins end of July at Coca-Cola All Star Park.
• Volunteer Coaches are needed
January 31st - for 8-14 year old Kid-Pitch Programs - CLOSED
March 1st - for T-ball / Coach Pitch / Modified Kid Pitch Programs (click for more information) - CLOSED
* Refund Policy:
Note: During registration you are prompted for school information and it is important to complete this information accurately as this data is used to complete each team’s roster and if incorrect could result in forfeiture. If you are unsure of your neighborhood school information use this link: Jefferson County School.
Lakewood Junior Baseball Association serves the Lakewood High School articulation area which includes Creighton Middle School; Eiber, Slater, South Lakewood, Glennon Heights, and Belmar Elementary Schools. By JCJBL rule our teams are to be created with the majority of players coming from the Lakewood articulation area either by current school attended or the neighborhood school the player would attend based on their address.
This season LJBA changed the fees by removing the fundraiser/Opt out option and making it a flat rate of $200 per kid pitch player / $90 per T-ball and Coach Pitch player. There is a family maximum of $400.
Important JCJBL League Dates: